JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
EMPLOYER: Khalifeh & Associates Inc – Greater Los Angeles Area
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/3/2018
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Khalifeh and Associates is a highly experienced Engineering Consultation Firm in Marina Del Rey, CA that has been serving the Southern California area for over 30 years. We are currently seeking a dynamic, professional and experienced Business Development Manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and servicing current customers and secure new customers for the company, by creating and maintaining good customer relations. This role is also responsible for providing customers with industry knowledge, counseling, and the marketing and selling of products by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds on client relationships and make sure existing clients are happy.
- Updates and maintains marketing materials including social media.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Represents company leaders in their stead when needed.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Assists in screening potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required:Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Other skills required:
- Self-starter who can contribute positively to a team
- Fast learner with Minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Project Management Skills with ability to follow through and support the execution of key initiatives
- Act proactively as an individual and in a group to ensure a project or task has been completed efficiently
- Diploma or Certificate in Business, Accounting or related discipline preferred but not required
- Working as the Business Development Manager of an Engineering or Architectural office is an asset but not a requirement.
- Proven experience as a Business Development Manager
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Email Scheduler and Boomerang
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting software is a plus
- Must have Motivation for Sales with strong Closing Skills
- Will be responsible for Prospecting, Sales Planning, and Meeting Sales Goals
- Needs to have Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, a high Energy Level
- Must be familiar with Social media marketing
- Must be comfortable networking at industry events
- Ability to perform networking and social duties, occasionally being the face of the company and representing the leaders of the company at events and meetings.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Khalifeh & Associates, Inc. is a full-service mechanical, electrical, plumbing, commissioning, and energy engineering firm with a reputation for providing high quality professional engineering services that are responsive to our client’s needs. In addition to design, our firm has had extensive experience with studies of all types.
For more exciting information regarding Khalifeh & Associates Inc visit www.khalifehassociates.com
Some Company Benefits are as follows:
- Highly competitive pay
- 401k with 4% match.
- Employee focused Health Benefit Package
- There are no closed doors. This is the foundation of our company culture, and because of this we have no shortage of innovative and creative ideas.