JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Assistant
EMPLOYER: Khalifeh & Associates Inc – Greater Los Angeles Area
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/2/2018
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Khalifeh and Associates is a highly experienced Engineering Consultation Firm in Marina Del Rey, CA that has been serving the Southern California area for over 30 years. We are currently seeking a dynamic, professional and experienced administrative assistant that will aid the CEO with daily duties as well as aiding the office manager when necessary.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for general office administration such as report preparation, document/filing management, and supporting various projects and initiatives as directed by the manager by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and edits engineering correspondences, reports, presentations, financial data, data analysis, communication, project work, expense preparation and travel arrangements.
- Supports business process by completing documentation, requesting information and following up to ensure key timelines are adhered to.
- Conducts research and provide reports or information as required for special projects.
- Conducts a variety of errands locally as required.
- Maintains the highest level of accountability, disclosure, and regularly exercise a high degree of discretion.
- Schedules meetings and appointments.
- Supports office manager when needed.
- Coordinates with IT consultants on all office equipment and software issues.
- Manages contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers.
- Provides general support to visitors.
- Assists in hiring new employees and the on boarding process for new hires.
- Serves as liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning and catering services.
- Plans in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required:Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Other skills required:
- Self-starter who can contribute positively to a team
- Fast learner with Minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Project Management Skills with ability to follow through and support the execution of key initiatives
- Act proactively as an individual and in a group to ensure a project or task has been completed efficiently
- Diploma or Certificate in Business, Accounting or related discipline preferred but not required
- Working as the office manager or Administrative assistant of an Engineering or Architectural office is an asset but not a requirement.
- Proven experience as an Office manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Email Scheduler and Boomerang
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting software is a plus
- Sales and customer relationship experience is a plus
- Comfortable performing networking and social duties, occasionally being the face of the company and representing the leaders of the company at events and meetings.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Khalifeh & Associates, Inc. is a full-service mechanical, electrical, plumbing, commissioning, and energy engineering firm with a reputation for providing high quality professional engineering services that are responsive to our client’s needs. In addition to design, our firm has had extensive experience with studies of all types.
Formore exciting information regarding Khalifeh & Associates Inc visit www.khalifehassociates.com
Some Company Benefits are as follows:
- Highly competitive pay
- 401k with 4% match.
- Employee focused Health Benefit Package
- There are no closed doors. This is the foundation of our company culture, and because of this we have no shortage of innovative and creative ideas.